Monday 8 August 2011

Well today was crazy!!!

First of all i want to just have a bit of a scream *AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*
Ok now that is done onto what happened today. I am going to skip over my class this morning and just head into the hard and emotional part of my day.....
So started off with what i thought was going to be a nice and simple task,i just needed to get a referral for the pead and be on my way but NOOOOO my dr had other plans i had to wait and talk to him and blah blah i saw him when i was meant to be at the peads office!! I was almost in tears just from this. So i got my referral and some advice/stuff. Went and got jack from school and well there was road works people driving 20 and just annoying people on the road, i just felt like pulling over and crying my eyes out. I was trying to stay calm and just get there but the drive felt like it took and hour to get there when it was really an only extra 5-8 mins to get there. We finally got there and then i couldn't find where we had to go... seriously i was a mess by this point. A lovely lady who worked there showed me where to go so i got on the elevator and the butterflies kicked in..... then they continued for another hour and a bit cause we were late we had to wait which is fair enough. The kids where pushing it in the waiting room i just wanted to get in there and know what the next steps are so i was a little on edge :|
We get in there and i am thinking this guy seems like a bit of an ass... most of the way through i thought it but by the end i am quite happy to have him seeing Jack! So he asked a lot of questions.. he checked Jack heart and lungs and so forth.Weighed him and measured him...... He wrote a hell of a lot and was quite for a while i got rather nervous and wanted to shake him to talk. Then he spoke, He wants Jack to see a psychologist,a speech therapist and get his hearing check which he gave me a referral for all which makes my life a little bit easier but still so many people to see which equals i need a lot of money and a heap of appointments to go to.Plus he also needs to go back to the doc in 6 weeks which normally it would be every 6 months i need to take his reports and an OT report for him to read.
We are in for some tougher times then ever before but in the long run it will be so beneficial and if it means i know what is going on with my boy will make me and him happier and life hopefully that bit easier on us all.
Well that is it from me for now...... xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Feels good to let off some Blog steam don't it! Me too!

    ReplyDelete